Thursday, March 4, 2010

Me and my guit-fiddle

Who would have ever thought that I would have found myself in this position? I should change my name to the BrowncoatTech. I work an average of 20-26 hours a week in the ER with an average of 24-48 hours a month at EMS. I feel more comfortable in the ER now. I handle the situations better. I am able to use more skills in the ER and I feel like I really work as part of a team in the hospital.

The technicians are to an Emergency Department as wheels are to a vehicle. We get the doctors, nurses, patients, and their family from Point A to Point B. The doctors are the engine that power the vehicle, the nurses the body, and the patients and their family are the passengers.

I enjoy this environment. I enjoy this more than I do EMS. The Emergency Department has a steady pace that only gets as fast as the patients and staff members delegate it to. Emergency Medical Services, however, experiences great highs and lows in terms of pace. The mood is either sluggish or "balls to the walls," as the saying goes.

In short, I think I'm going to keep the medical field as my home. I might just tinker with the floor plans to the house before moving in for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment